Nothing we want is upstream!
GO with the flow!
White water rafting is a recreational outdoor activity which use an inflatable raft to navigate a river or other body of water. This is often done on whitewater or different degrees of rough water, and generally represents a new and challenging environment for participants. Dealing with risk and the need for teamwork is often a part of the experience
The Kundalika egged on by waters of the Bhira Dam is the ONLY ALL-YEAR white water rafting location in India. With Grade II & III rapids, it is a terrific introduction to White Water Rafting and the only option in the vicinity of Mumbai and Pune.
The Rafting starts with gearing-up followed by instructions by your Raft – Guide . Then ensues loading and a 12km raft in serene waters. You will laugh, scream or lose yourself in the madness from which you emerge 3 hours later. The rafting ends as you pull the raft onto land
You need to know that
- Rafting is only permissible to patrons over 14yrs of age
- Rafting happens ONLY ONCE every day at 8:30am, except in the monsoons when it is more frequent.
- Rafting MUST be booked in ADVANCE and no cancellations are possible
- Our Kolad campground is located just where the rafting ends. You may need transport to get to the rafting start point from camp. Please let us know in advance so that we may make arrangements
- Due to dam schedules, rafting may not be possible on rare occasion. This is beyond our control and you will be refunded rafting charges in this case.
- Light clothing preferably Lycra, something that is easy to dry and not heavy when wet. Wear Strap-on floaters (footwear). They will get wet in the river so they should be able to take it.
- Do not wear jewellery or danglers around neck, ears or wrists. Avoid rings on fingers as far as possible.
This activity is available at our Kolad campground.